Saturday, March 20, 2010

Surgery's Over - Time to Think About Vacation

Well, my second breast cancer surgery is over . . .SO. . . it's time to think about vacation. Hmmm, where to go. My favorite place, Europe, of course! But there are so many places and so few days to see them. Lord willing, we will be leaving on May 13th and flying from Memphis to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Zurich. Where we go from there is still to be determined. I love Italy, so I have to go to at least of couple of places there - maybe in and around Roma, with a couple of quick stops in Firenze and Venezia. Bolzano might be good - I'd still like to see some special rock spires around there, if we could find them (didn't have much success getting to them the last time we tried). Of course, the cathedral at Milano would also make a great quick stop. I haven't been to San Marino in over 40 years, so can't decide if I want to stop there again or not. Salzburg, Austria has to be on the tour, as well as Haarlem, Netherlands (I didn't get to see Corrie Ten Boom's home the last time I was there, due to our delay in Newark.) I'd also like to go to Osweicim, Poland, again. In addition to those places, it will be Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, maybe a quick trip across the border into Ukraine, maybe Hungary. If anyone has suggestions of great places to go, just let us know!!! In the meantime, I think I will read the Gospel of Mark (since I hadn't realized that it was written while he was in Rome to the Romans) and the Book of Romans. Seems like a good place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment