Monday, May 17, 2010

We're not in Kansas Anymore . . .

Monday - May 17, 9:10AM
Well - I am officially tired! We finally arrived at Grindelwald around
11PM last night, and my wake-up call came at 8:10AM. Thank you Peyton.
Now I am waiting for Lonnie so that we can go to breakfast. I realized
as I looked out of our hotel window at the Eiger Mountain, that we are
not in Kansas anymore . . .and maybe not Switzerland, either! The
first words that greeted me on the bank wall as I looked out the window
were in Japanese. We started coming here 28 years ago, when it was a
small, but uniquely Swiss tourist town. Over the years, Grindelwald,
like Gatlinburg, has morphed into something almost out of control.
However, also like Gatlinburg, there are still beautiful surroundings to
explore, and that is what we plan to do today. So, after breakfast we
are off to search for a glacier!! I will post pictures later today,
Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment